Jeffrey L. Sternlieb, Ph.D.
Jeffrey Sternlieb, PhD, is a licensed psychologist who has experience teaching in college psychology departments, medical schools, and in hospital based Family Medicine residency programs. He is also a frequent presenter at National and International continuing education programs for psychologists and physicians. He previously had a clinical psychology practice that included psychological evaluations and psychotherapy with children, adolescents and families. Currently, Dr. Sternlieb has his own consultation business - MetaWorks - working with people in a wide range of businesses and organizations. This includes developing and conducting programs on stress, change and conflict management, communication skills, work-life balance and prevention of violence, sexual harassment and discrimination.
He received his bachelor’s degree from Amherst College and his doctorate in developmental psychology from The Catholic University of America. He completed a child clinical internship at the Pittsburgh Child Guidance Center and has additional training in family therapy at the Ackerman Institute in New York City and in group facilitation and group leadership skills with the American Balint Society and Temple University. He is a past president of the American Balint Society, and he has written about physician and psychologist self-awareness and self-care. He also writes a blog on Doctor-Patient Connections.
- B.A. Amherst College, Amherst MA 1969
- Ph.D. The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C., 1977
- Psychology Internship, Pittsburgh Child Guidance Center, 1976-77
- PA Psychology License - December 1979
- Core Faculty, Lehigh Valley Health Network, Family Medicine Residency Program
- Credentialed Balint Group Leader, American Balint Society, December 2006
- Balint Leader Supervisor, American Balint Society, September, 2007
- Associate Professor of Family Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine University of South Florida, Tampa FL 33612
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Science Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Scranton, PA 18509